Prologue

What if God has come again? And, what if He opened a blog? And, what if this was it? Would you believe? Read on...

Thursday, February 17, 2011

44 Doors in Hell

This was one of the most telling and strange times for me. I had been arrested, again, I can't even remember for what this time, but I was in the down town Vancouver police lock up for the night.

I was by myself in my own little cell with a blanket and a mattress on the floor. I had learned before that if you say you feel suicidal when the cops are booking you in they have to segregate you from the rest of the riffraff they have in general cells that night and if you are good they will also give you a blanket and a mattress. Otherwise they toss you into a cell with a bunch of other losers and no soft and warm amenities.

The place was raucous that night. Even from my segregated cell in a closed off little loop of four segregated cells away from the general population I could hear them. The other prisoners were yelling and screaming and laughing about who knows what. It was loud.

That night Satan himself came to keep me entertained in my cell. While we did have to have a serious discussion between us the rest of the night was absolutely, downright hilarious. You just don't know how funny Satan can be till you meet him.

He came to me as a big green dragon with acrid plumes of sulfur coming from his nostrils, curling up towards the ceiling of the jail cell. And, of course he lied to me right of the bat. He always lies to me every time he comes. This time he told me he was my new friend Joker whom I had just met down town. It took me awhile to figure this out. It was Satan not my friend Joker playing mind games on me and telling stories about some of the features of hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Epilogue

The beauty of being a writer in a free state is the freedom to tell the truth of a tale as the tale itself offers it's bold truth to the writer freely. The virtue then of a free writer in a free state thus can be all bold. And, the duty of the bold, free state can then be to allow the beauty of the truth, as boldly offered to the writer by the tale itself, thus be told.

Norman Christian Hoffmann