Prologue

What if God has come again? And, what if He opened a blog? And, what if this was it? Would you believe? Read on...

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Police Round Up the Homeless

I was in Vancouver BC walking around the corner by the drop in center on Seymour and Helmcken street when I ran headlong into a squadron of Vancouver Police Department officers in full riot gear marching in formation while rounding up the homeless people that where in the area and having them line up facing against the brick wall of the drop in center. Now, for some reason I completely freaked out. Not on the spot. On the spot I just kept walking down the street and they let me go by. But, in my mind I had serious flashbacks of Nazi Germany and the police there doing the same thing to the Jews and homeless vagrants, lining them up against a wall and shooting them. Which is strange because obviously I am too young to have ever experienced that crime of genocide in person. But, my father was still old enough to just remember enough of WWII Berlin in Germany to have told me the stories. So, this is what must have triggered in my mind. But, it was so real and so life like as I could hear the police shouting in German and the sobbing and wailing of their victims as they lined them up against that wall.

For some reason I knew I had to stop this police action. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Epilogue

The beauty of being a writer in a free state is the freedom to tell the truth of a tale as the tale itself offers it's bold truth to the writer freely. The virtue then of a free writer in a free state thus can be all bold. And, the duty of the bold, free state can then be to allow the beauty of the truth, as boldly offered to the writer by the tale itself, thus be told.

Norman Christian Hoffmann