Prologue

What if God has come again? And, what if He opened a blog? And, what if this was it? Would you believe? Read on...

Friday, January 28, 2011

Just taking a little trip up to Canada

Going to see the family and maybe my son for the first time. So excited. He is such a cute little feller.

I also got lots of options I can think about right now. I got some money and there is a course I want to take in California to be a production assistant but, I need a car. Then there is also the question of what to do about the pension money I receive in Canada for being disabled. I would like to be able to collect it again on an on going basis. I haven't collected any money for almost a year now that I have been gone. I'm not sure what the benefit allows if I want to both collect and leave out of country. I may not be able to that. So, I may want to also maintain a residence here in Canada and commute back and forth between here and LA. On the other hand as far as the book writing goes it doesn't really matter which country I am in when I write it. I just need a safe, clean, affordable spot etc. So, if I cannot maintain my housing in LA on the income I am afforded by my California General Relief then I may have to consider the prospect of coming back to Canada till I get the book done. I'd really like to be able to take that course for film work in California though and get my foot in the door down there that way and start settling in. Either way I should be back in CA in about a week and will definitely be staying there for the next three months that I have left in the Weingart Hotel.

It would be nice though to come back in a car or maybe even on a bike. I've thought about getting a small camper van too. I could live in that and take the course and get a place. But, we'll see. Probably the best is for me to reinstate my disability claim here in Canada, collect what I can and save it while I am gone back down to California the three months. We'll see.

What I would really like to be able to do is collect my money and live in Mexico. But, I think that may be a more long term goal. I have to work out my priorities. One, finish what I started in LA which take the three more months. And, two keep adding to the book.

We just left Tacoma and are due at the Vancouver Greyhound in 5 hours. It will be 7:30 pm and Ninel and Klaus will be there to pick me up. Klaus has offered to help me pay for a hotel room for a week and that is where I will be staying. How kind of him. That was awful nice of him to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Epilogue

The beauty of being a writer in a free state is the freedom to tell the truth of a tale as the tale itself offers it's bold truth to the writer freely. The virtue then of a free writer in a free state thus can be all bold. And, the duty of the bold, free state can then be to allow the beauty of the truth, as boldly offered to the writer by the tale itself, thus be told.

Norman Christian Hoffmann